Athens + Atlanta Wedding Photographer
Tips for Getting Ready on Your Wedding Day
It may seem that getting ready pictures are one of the things you overlook when calculating the timeline for your wedding day, but these photos really set the stage for the rest of the day. It is the little details that you will want to remember- the jewelry, the shoes, all the special touches you spend your engagement carefully selecting. These details will be so beautiful in your wedding album as a memory of the day. Don’t forget the emotion you will see on your bridesmaid’s faces and your mom’s when they see you in your dress and realize today is the day! I have seen many happy tears shed! It has been so wonderful to capture these moments for my brides!
- Choose a space to get ready that is big enough for all your wedding party to get dressed. Not only is this much, much more fun, but also gives everyone a bit of space to move around comfortably. This could be a room at home or at a hotel or wedding venue.
- Choose a location with windows! Windows and natural light will give that beautiful glow to your photos that can’t be duplicated in a dark room with no windows. I know this isn’t always possible, but if given the choice always choose windows!
- Keep the bridal suite clean and picked up. Have a predetermined spot for all the bridesmaids to put their bags. This will keep everything in one spot and not all over the room.
- Have your hair and makeup artist or glamsquad meet you at the bridal suite. It is so fun to get ready together with your bridesmaids or have them watch you get beautiful. This also is a wonderful chance for photos as well.
- Have all your bridesmaids wear similar robes or shirts for a cohesive look.
- Bring all of you details with you! This is the time your photographer will want to use to photograph all those special details- jewelry, dress, veil, shoes, garter, ect.
- Relax! This is the time to just sit back and relax as you get ready and think about the upcoming wedding ceremony.
Julie is a professional wedding photographer currently residing in Atlanta, GA. Julie loves being an Athens, Georgia wedding Photographer, but is also available for newborn and engagement photography. Julie’s photographic style is pure, modern, and chic. Julie makes sure that both wedding and engagement photos are fun for the couple.
Follow Me On: